Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2016

Authors I Wish I Could Steal From


World Book Day was last week, Thursday 3rd March. I have been in the thick of essay-writing this month, and so it completely passed me by. In the spirit of being late to the party, here's my tuppence on some of my favourite novel writers. In true writerly form, it's written with a cheap biro in a quiet café, hot coffee on refill drunk down to the dregs of a lipstick-smeared cup.

----------------------------------------------------

(transcription)

Authors I Wish I Could Steal From:

Charles Bukowski

Roald Dahl

Angela Carter

Margaret Atwood

These four combined would write lethal cocktails of fantasy and wit, humour so dark it stabs you; laughter that is cruel, and glimpses of morality only found through spying in keyholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment